Saturday, July 6, 2019

Leaving the Beach/Family Reunion

In other news, leaving the beach is not only sad, it's also tons of work.  And since we didn't do that work yesterday evening like rational people might have and we played games instead, I was up super late packing and then fairly early (for me) loading the car, cleaning, etc.  I later slept for 2 hrs in the car which is complete unusual for me and a sign of my exhaustion. 

Rather than complain anymore, though, 😉  here are some good things that happened today. 

1a) I dropped Russ and the kids off at the airport and then needed to go return the van and pick up a (much cheaper) small car.  On a whim I looked at the price of the rental car I had booked, and then searched to see what a new booking would cost. And I save $50 by canceling the existing booking and renting somewhere else!

1b) The one thing I hadn't taking into consideration was that I was going to have to return my rental car and then haul all of my stuff on a shuttle back to the airport, then to the new rental car company. That might have been fine if I had had only one suitcase, but of course I had much more than that. I tried going to the second rental company to see if I could rent the new car, transfer my staff, return the van, take the shuttle to the airport, and then the shuttle back to the new rental company. But I got lost and ended up in an employee parking area at the new rental company. There was a guy sitting in the car smoking near where I parked, so I went over to ask him my question of where I should park while I tried to do all of this.  he told me to go rent the new car, bring it right there and transfer the stuff, and that he would then drive the van to the other rental company to turn it in for me!  When I thanked him profusely, he said, "angels got to walk sometimes"!! 

2) After I had the new rental car I pulled into the cell phone lot to figure out where I was going. I texted my friend Alisyn, who I knew was going to the airport to pick someone up. When I mentioned to her that I was sitting in the cell phone lot trying to figure out where I was going, she said that she was sitting in the cell phone lot too! So then she drove over to where my car was, and I climbed in her car and we chatted for a while. Such a funny happy thing!

3) I went by a frozen custard place and ordered a pint of lemon frozen custard, because I wasn't really interested in today's flavor. After I paid for it the guy went to get it, but it turned out they were all out of lemon pints. So he gave me a lemon quart for the price of a pint!

(Apparently I was the only one who got good things today--Russ and the kids are having flight problems because of storms and at the very least are going to be late getting home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment